Sunday, August 2, 2009

First come the tiles...

Well 2 strike for craiglist, I hear a lot of rave about craiglist and how you can get professionals looking for work to help you do the little things you want to get done without hiring the High end high$$$ professionals, well for the second time the painting crew didn't work for us. I ended up with no painter and scared to hell to paint the house by myself, so what did I do you may asked?

Well I already bought paint, glass mosaic tiles and all the supplies for the backsplash, so I hit the kitchen hard, I have to run back and forth to Lowes 'cause the tiles guy at Lowes was going to help me cut the glass tiles on the wet sew. Anyway I showed up at Lowes early in the morning and that's when he realized we can't cut glass tiles on the wet sew. Hmmp! well I'm getting tired and I am on the verge of quiting ( who will quit there dream because of a small mishap right?) With enough luck on my side he directed me to purchase a glass cutter and go home and do it myself. I don't mind doing DIY but all those tiles... and I have to sit down and cut them? well I wanted to do this so bad, so I watched the video on how to lay backsplash about 80 times and I'm ready to slap mine on the back on that cooking wall. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment